Frequently Asked Questions
Who is ASI Security?
Since 1995, Advanced Sensors, Inc. (trading as ASI Security) has specialized in offering integrated life-safety and security packages to all vertical markets, including but not limited to school systems, small businesses, leisure/travel, government (local and federal), retail, banking, multi-unit housing and healthcare. We incorporate Security, Fire, CCTV, Electronic Access Control, Intercom, Nurse Call and many other life-safety systems into our offerings.
In addition to working directly with our end-user customers, ASI Security has the staff, experience and capabilities to work on large construction projects as a sub-contractor for both General and Electrical Contractors. Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, ASI Security is a certified 8a, MBE/DBE, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business.
ASI Security is an leader in Security Technology, leveraging our experience and expertise to help drive your business forward. We are passionate about what we do and committed to bringing you leading-edge, creative solutions for your security technology needs:
- Integrated security solutions to help you grow your business
- Consultative provider with a deep understanding of your business security needs
- Commitment to delivering exceptional security solutions to help produce a variety of benefits, including improved productivity, cost savings and enhanced control
- Total security coverage from integration and installation to post-sale services and on-going management
Why do I need a security system for my business?
Statistics show that businesses without an alarm system in place are 4.5 times more likely to be targeted for burglary than those with an alarm system. In addition to protection against burglary and robbery, you can protect your business from employee theft, information theft, arson and vandalism with the right security system in place. ASI Security offers a variety of security solutions to protect your business, including:
- Video Surveillance - Lets you check in on staff and customers. Video analytics can help improve business operations.
- Access control - One of the most important aspects of your business security is who has access to your premises. With access control solutions, you can customize credentials and control areas each of your employees can enter. You can also use access control to manage time and attendance.
- Burglar and fire protection - Detect intruders, safeguard your cash, equipment and inventory from internal and external theft. Fire alarms can help customers and employees evacuate quickly in the event of an emergency.
Additionally, many insurance companies offer lower premiums to businesses that have a security system in place.
What's the difference between monitored alarms and local alarms?
Simply put, local alarms merely have sirens or flashing lights to let you know that an emergency is taking place. A local alarm does not notify an alarm company or any authorities when it is triggered. You need to call emergency responders yourself if an alarm is triggered, which can be a problem if you are not at the property.
Monitored alarms, like those offered by ASI Security, are connected to a monitoring center where operators are staffed around the clock. If a monitored alarm is triggered, a signal is sent to the monitoring center where operators can dispatch help to your property, whether you are there or not.
What happens when a monitored alarm is triggered?
When an alarm is triggered, a signal is sent to our Monitoring Center. Operators call the property to verify the alarm and then dispatch appropriate authorities if the alarm is real. If no one can be reached at the property, pre-designated emergency contacts are notified and authorities dispatched.
Do I need a landline?
No, we have security systems that use wireless, cellular technology. If you prefer to use a landline, we can still back up your system with wireless technology in the event that your phone service is disrupted.
What if my power goes out? Will my security system still work?
Yes, ASI Security Monitoring Centers use uninterruptible power supplies, so your security system is always monitored, even if local power goes out.